Thursday, December 7, 2017

Literature of Comics: Day 13

          Scott Pilgrim vs the World  is one of my favorite films due to the graphic nature of the film. I did not know when I saw it in theaters back in 2010, but when I found out I could clearly see the influences. I had not heard of SnotGirl, but from the cover and knowing the writer, I am definitely going to look into the novel. I had never heard of Black Eyed Peas "Master of the Sun". It sounds really cool though. I never thought about a comic having voice actors or songs that could be played on your phone while you are reading it. I did not think about defining Scott Pilgrim as a comic, but I think this could be in that category along with film and games. I almost see it as a related search engine, if someone were searching for a graphic novel film with gaming, Scott Pilgrim would pop up. With VR coming into the world, it is hard for me to see how that is going to work. Looking at novels and films, the best part about making them is that the film maker can control where the viewer is looking to a point. Yet with VR, it will be much more difficult to control the viewer's eye so that they do not miss anything important.
        I looked up Hi-Fi Fight Club, and it looks beautiful. I definitely want to look into this comic too. All of these comics that have been mentioned in class, I think I may have heard of 2 maybe 3 of them. Through this class, I have seen so many comics that I really want to read and would probably never heard of them without this class. Back with Scot Pilgrim, I had not watched that film since probably 2012, yet it left an impression on me. The part I remember most from that film was the Vegan ex boyfriend, and how they had 3 strikes to being vegan. That part I find even funnier now since I know so many people who say they are vegan, but break the 'rules' all the time. I also remember the pink haired girl and for a good 3 to 4 summers I would dye my hair blue. I was not aloud to have colored hair at school, I went to a private school with a strict dress code, so when I would dye my hair over the summer I felt that I was expressing myself and being a bit of a rebel. I am definitely going to look into the graphic novel of Scott Pilgrim, just looking at a few panels in class I already love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature of Comics: Day 13

          Scott Pilgrim vs the World  is one of my favorite films due to the graphic nature of the film. I did not know when I saw it in the...